You own an iPhone, and you are tired of always having the same ringtones? Here is a tutorial that will help you easily and quickly convert MP3 to iPhone ringtone. This tutorial works without jailbreaking, it only requires iTunes and the MP3 file you want to convert to a ringtone.
So, how to create your custom iPhone ringtone?
1. Open iTunes, select the song you want to set as a ringtone, right-click on it and select “Get information”.
2. Click on the “option” tab.
3. Now select a part of the song (30 seconds maximum) that you want to set as the ringtone with the start and end time and click on OK.
4. You go back to the library, right-click on the original song, and select “Create an AAC version”.
5. If you do not have the AAC option, go to “iTunes Preferences” then “advanced / import” and choose “import with” and choose an AAC encoder.
6. When the conversion is complete, the 30-second track has the same name as the original. (You can differentiate them by their duration).
7. Copy your ringtone to your computer desktop, then rename it to convert it into an iPhone ringtone. Its extension is M4A it must be replaced by M4R (To change the extension, right-click on the song, then “rename” and replace M4A with M4R).
8. Now delete the old M4A file from your iTunes library, add the M4R one, and start playing it so that it is added to your ringtones in the library.
9. Your ringtone is created, synchronize it on your iPhone.
10. To define it as an active ringtone, go to “Settings”, “Sound” then “Ringtone”. Tap on the downloaded file and it’ll now be set as a ringtone on your device.
You now have a personalized ringtone for your iPhone. Quite fast and simple! Now you can download as many custom ringtones as you want, so enjoy your personalized iPhone and make everyone around jealous!